SC - Re: SC- Food for Camping

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Mar 27 18:04:39 PST 1998

At 1:56 PM -0500 3/23/98, LdyElisbth wrote:
>Greetings!
>
>     I was wondering if anyone knew of a website which lists either period, or
>close-to period meals which require little refrigeration.  I'm trying to plan
>a meal plan for Pennsic, and am trying to work around not being able to
>refrigerate that well.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>~Elisabeth

We do not keep a cooler at Pennsic, and I have done a couple of T.I.
articles on Pennsic cooking with recipes included.  They aren't webbed, but
I can email them to you if you like--given that they come to 11 pages
total, I don't want to post them to the list.  If you made it to my
"Pennsic without a Cooler" class last Pennsic and came away with a handout,
you already have them.  Also, have you found the webbed _Miscellany_? The
recipes are not sorted by refrigeration requirements, but there are lots of
period recipes, and a brief discussion of "Tourney and War Food" a little
after the recipes.

Elizabeth of Dendermonde/Betty Cook