SC - Roman Cheesecake (Cato) from Tastes of Ancient Rome

rudin at okway.okstate.edu rudin at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Mar 2 10:13:41 PST 1998

     I used this at our Guardian feast in September.  When I tested the
     recipe and had tasters try it out I got a lot of "bland" comments.
     So, I upped the honey to about 1/2 cup, IIRC.  It was generally felt
     that the poppy seeds didn't add much so I left them off of the final
     product.  I also experimented with a lemon version, adding the juice
     and rind of 1 lemon.  I served both at feast and both were very well
     received.  (I also added a simple raspberry coulis on top, just for
     fun.)  The reason I chose this recipe was that it was crustless.  Much
     easier to prepare!!

     Mercedes