SC - Substitutions

Seton1355 Seton1355 at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 15:44:44 PST 1998

<<
 I could be wrong, but I believe sour salt is citric acid, and is used in
 some pickling processes, and also was, at one time, I'm told, used by
 Jews in cleaning their dairy dishes, at times when soap was primarily
 made with animal fats.

 YES! Absolutely right! sour salt is citric acid.  I couldn't think of it
before.  And I believe too, if you react badly to lemons, citric acid is out.
Thanks for the info!  Phillipa Seton