SC - Translation, please

DianaFiona DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Mar 9 10:02:09 PST 1998

<<
 Lamb's Ears, perhaps? Ras, would that modern "forrage" be period for this
 recipe and locale, and if so, which type---a physical description would be
 more helpful to me, but I can see that I must own an Herbal sometime soon.
 Several wild American herbs go by that name, some fuzzy, some leggy, all
 edible AFAIK.

     Good guess, but no, Lamb's Ears, Lamb's Lettuce and Lamb's Quarters are
different plants. Although I think Lamb's Ears are old world plants that have
naturalized here, they are so fuzzy I have trouble picturing them as something
to eat, at least raw. But they are supposed to make great bandages for wounds!
;-)

        Ldy Diana