SC - frozen pomegranate

Kornelis Sietsma korny at zikzak.net
Tue Mar 10 21:51:41 PST 1998

Hello to all on this list - I just joined today...  and I've obviously
missed the start of this thread. :)

So, Grenadine is pomegranate syrup?  Does this mean one can substitute it
for pomegranate juice (and sugar) in recipes?

I'm contemplating cooking Chicken in Pomegranate juice, from "The Original
Mediterranean Cuisine" (the original recipe is called 'Romania', from Libro
Della Cocina) for an upcoming feast...  If grenadine could be used, it
might save me some work searching for juice or fruit elsewhere.

- -Korny
- --
William Bekwith MKA Kornelis Sietsma | http://zikzak.net/~korny