SC - Clean-up

Wed Mar 18 16:20:15 PST 1998

> In a message dated 3/18/98 10:52:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:
>
> << I usually precook nearly all of my feast. I think it also makes for
> easier
>  kitchen cleanup.
>   >>

> This statement is a perfect example of how cooks vary in their method of
> organizing and preparing a feast.  Since my persona IS basically a period
> cook, I like to go to the event and spend my time...cooking.
>
> Ras

The extent of the preparation depends upon the conditions the cook expects
to be under.  I do a large amount of pre-cooking and baking, because I am
often called upon to prepare a feast at sites with minimal facilities and
fires prohibited.  Even with pre-cooking, I spend most of my time in the
kitchen.

One of these year's, I'd like to prepare a feast in a functional commercial
kitchen.  Or, better still, a Renaissance kitchen with fully equipped hot
and cool work spaces and the big ovens and fireplaces.

Bear