SC - An invitation & request

James L. Matterer jlmatterer at labyrinth.net
Fri Mar 20 12:28:40 PST 1998

Greetings fellow cooks,
   I'd like to once again invite all of you to visit my site dedicated
to period cookery and to ask a VERY special request! I'm trying to make
my site as SCA-friendly as possible, and am seeking contributions from
other SCA cooks to feature there. If you have redactions of period
recipes you'd like to share, PLEASE consider contributing them. They'll
be presented quite prominently with as much information & comments as
you'd like to include.
   Also, I have a section dedicated to feasts in the SCA. Many people
write me, asking about courses and menus in Medieval times, and I know
many folk wold be interested in seeing the details of our feasts, and
the arrangements of dishes, etc. So, if you've done a feast in the SCA
that you're particularly proud of, please consider sending me the
details, menu, whatever info you think is appropriate, etc.
   Alas! So far, only Lord Ras has contributed a recipe! I hope to hear
from more of you, please. Lord Gunthar has sent me some incredible
information on his recent 12th Night feast, and my site will soon have
several pages featuring his comments, menu, & recipes. I'd like to do
the same for any of you.
   If you send contributions, they WILL be seen and appreciated. I
placed a counter on my site on Feb. 22 and have received 1500 hits since
then; I receive approx. 10 pieces of mail a week from both SCAdians &
non-Scadians concerning the site; and a Middle School from Washington
State recently wrote me that my site was used extensively by their
students in creating their "Medieval Faire & Feaste." Your contributions
would be equally admired.
   If you'd like to send photos of yourself or some of your creations as
part of your contribution, I'll pass them through my handy-dandy
scanner, them return them to you. Or you can just E me the digitized
versions if you have them already.
   Please stop by & visit, and I hope many of you will contribute some
of your work.

Master Huen's Boke of Gode Cookery
http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/huen.htm

Much obliged!