SC - spices vs. herbs?

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Mar 23 09:29:32 PST 1998

In a message dated 3/23/98 11:03:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, acrouss at gte.net
writes:

<< According to my reading, in the middle ages, herbs did indeed encompass
 things like swiss chard and spinach (this according to the lists of "herbs"

My implication was not that this wasn't the definition of herbs in the MA. I
had thought Stefan was trying to modernly define the term for organizing his
Floregium collection which, IIRC, is not limited to the SCA or medieval
subject matter. Sorry.

Ras