SC - Feast Slaughtering

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Wed Mar 25 17:25:55 PST 1998

My experience of killing things to eat goes as far as Crayfish (the
rather inhumane technique of boiling them, or putting them in the fridge
and then on the bbq) and ducks - take one duck, one axe, one block of
wood. Then gut, pluck, roast and serve.

Ducks I have done at a feast (around the corner where the squeamish did
not know what was happening, but the plucking is a bit of work. Where
possible I pay somebody to do al the work for me. In particular I am
inclined to buy deer from a friend who farms them and has a coolroom. So
he gets a butcher to shoot, clean and hang it, and I pick it up and cook it.

Charles