SC - period kitchens

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Mar 26 06:36:59 PST 1998

Elaina said:
We have access to a reconstructed Norman 'hall' near Pueblo, Colorado and
have talked of doing a cooking symposium with practicums in camp cooking
and fireplace cooking.

Would you consider coming up and helping us if we arranged your
transportation?  would others be interested in doing this kind of an
event?  we could have all the usual classroom classes, but the hands-on
part would be with real fires and open hearths.

- --------
My lady,

I would like to hear more about this when you have it more set. While
I normally don’t fly to SCA events because of the cost and the logistics
problems (wish I could figure out how to do Pennsic this way), I think
this might be a great event. Especially if there was crash space in the
Norman hall or nearby so I wouldn’t have to figure out how to haul
camping equipment by airline.

I like this idea of having both classroom and hands-on fire and hearth
cooking. Hopefully, you will have classes for us beginners as well as
the more experienced.

Please add me to any list you make of interested folks. Since I am
in Ansteorra and not the Outlands, I may not hear of it otherwise.

Thanks.
  Lord Stefan li Rous
  Barony of Bryn Gwlad
  Ansteorra