SC - Mmmm... Garum!

Montgomery dreamers at intrepid.net
Thu Mar 26 20:09:13 PST 1998

Good Gentles:

I come to you with a question that came up while I was exploring the bounds
of culinary good taste.  After reading the translation of Apicius, I
decided to try making the ubiquitous garum.  I'm not sure that what I got
was what I was supposed to get: I envisioned an opaque, oily liquid.  I got
something that looks like mackerel peanut butter.  How close to the mark
did I get?  Any advice will be humbly appreciated.

In service,

Gareth the Grim