SC - Period Pottery - WARNING

JSchl65101 JSchl65101 at aol.com
Sun Mar 29 16:57:56 PST 1998

In a message dated 98-03-29 01:23:25 EST, korrin.daardain at juno.com writes:

<< yellow glaze is period, but can only be made by the
 use of Uranium nuclear material. >>

Years ago red glazes contained uranium and at one time there was very little
red glazed pottery on the market.  It was my understanding that NO glaze today
has a uranium content.  Was your instructor perhaps referring to lead?
Haven't done ceramics for years, so I'm not up on the latest glazes

Niamh of Wyvern Cliffe