SC - Potluck feasts / was SC-kitchens

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Mar 30 09:56:52 PST 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie:
re: supplying documentation on food for potlucks.
Yes, crowded tables are a problem. I aslo find that in the case of a grand
majority of the un-educated palates out there, too much information is a
definate detriment.

Many "food weenies" wont eat something they think is wierd, and will
convince themselves they don't like it, solely by reading the original
recipe and saying "ookie! They put RAISENS in a meat pie!!! Chicken AND
pork together???? ughy pooh!"

My table tent cards are a 3x5 card, folded in half so it stands up. A
sample:
*******************************
TARTE OF FLESSCHE
English, 15th century
(list of ingredients)
made by Anne-Marie
I often have, in my basket, a copy or three of the whole documentation and
reconstructed recipe. If someone wants it, they just need to ask. The
ingredients are listed solely for folks like me who have unfortunate food
allergies (I have found walnuts in the most....interesting....dishes), as
well as others, who, like me, are just darn picky :)

Takes very little space, important info is transmitted, and maybe, just
maybe the food weenie will try somethingnew. bwah hah hah! I will have won,
then!!!! :D
- --AM