SC -saffron/calendula

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Fri May 1 08:38:16 PDT 1998

                      RE>>SC -saffron/calendula                    5/1/98

<snip>post me some information about the calendulas substituting for saffron,
even if they are not a good substitution?  I have to plant a new flower bed,
and found calendula plants at my neighborhood nursery, in both dark and pale
blue.<snip>

...um, is the "blue" a typo?  Caledulas are yellow or lite orange.  If the
flowers you found *are* blue, you might want to ask the nursery what they
*really* are, and why they were mis-labeled.
- -brid