SC - Dried currents

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Sun May 3 01:53:49 PDT 1998

Ok here is what I am thinking:
I will have a very preliminary site up by tuesday.
I will email this list with a web address for the site in a day or so
(monday)
At the very bottom is a form for books unless someone else wants to
gather them.

What I am thinking is a site of articles a bit more like a class and
less like a rialto discussion.

- -------------- The Site --------------
I see the site with several areas:

1) a "card catalogue" for real books with owners and authors (idea From:

Genevia geneviamoas at juno.com 01 May 1998 22:48 EDT)
        -- I think this one is brilliant actually --

2) a Request for comment area for articles & classes under construction
(various)

3) a "Course Catalog" of Courses/Classes available (cross indexed by
subject etc.)

4) a Recipe Catalog (cross indexed by major components/meal type ...)

5) a Journal of Articles

- -------------- The Article/Course --------------

The difference I see between classes/courses and articles is size, scope

and delivery.
An article should be designed for reading.
That is it should be something like you get in a newspaper, TI or a
kingdom newsletter.
Unlike a "normal" printed article it may be of any size.
A course should be something that is organized like a class or textbook.

If the course has been (were to be) taught it should be approximately 1
or more hours.
Example:
        An article would be the effect of American peppers on Medieval
Food
(disastrous by the way).
        A class would be New World influences on Medieval Food and how
to date
a "suspicious" recipe.

I would like Articles/classes to have:
A title
An Outline or Syllabus (if an article is small this could be omitted)
Index words list ( I can scan for the words. I just need a list of key
terms/topics)
        I.E. Saffron, Soup, Feast ...
A "E-Calling Card" I.E How the rest of us can find you (name email
whatever).
A Bibliography

If the class has been taught in the physical world I would like to know
either where it was taught last or where it is taught "regularly".

After that break it down by the outline and keep it kind of
hierarchical.
If you have pictures scan them (I could scan them for you - that
involves real mail) and save as JPG or GIF as appropriate.

I do not have the time (after maintenance etc.) and often skills to be a

referee/authority.
I would however have to read everything and could make suggestions etc.
and would (of course)
reserve the right to not publish a real stinker of an article/course (I
bet we wouldn't get these).

- -------------- The Medium --------------

I could accept articles written in the following.
Microsoft word (any version)
HTML 3.x
RTF
Text
Pictures should be either gif or jpg.
I can also scan and OCR some material if it is typed hard copy.
Formatting from you would be great but ...
I plan to format items myself so they will be consistent and I plan to
use style sheets as well as regular html.
This means that the articles can be read and look nice by any browser
but will look nicer in newer browsers.

- - Conneach
lstull at earthlink.net

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title:
Publisher:
Published at:
Publish Date:

Owner:
Mundanely Known As:
Owner E-Mail:
Owner Phone:
Owner Fax:
Owner Address:
    Street:
    State/Province:
    Country:
    Postal Code/Zip:
Feel free to provide whatever amount of owner information as desired.
Also I will only need one copy of the owner information and just a
reference to it on other books owned by the same person such as their
E-Mail.