SC - Documentation & PBJ

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Mon May 4 08:29:55 PDT 1998

                      RE>>SC -saffron/calendula                    5/4/98

<snip>oh, boy!  Thanks, Brid, you've saved me making a big mistake.  My new
house is brick--aggressively red brick, and the yellow /orange flowers are
AWFUL.  Probably, the mistake is mine.  Maybe ...Allison
<snip>

No problem! You could put a row of blue flowers like bachelor buttons or
something between the brick and the calendulas!  Most herb books have lots of
cosmetic recipes using calendulas and they are easy to grow, even if not the
perfect replacement for saffron...
- -brid (who has bought plants that are not flowering only to find out after
they bloom that they were *not* what they were labeled!)