SC - *OP* fillers for meatloaf *OP*

kat kat at kagan.com
Mon May 4 14:49:55 PDT 1998

In a message dated 5/3/98 11:56:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

<< >No offence intended, ...<snip>....we shouldn't "con" those without a
 genuine interest in things medieval into the SCA?

 >/UlfR
 >Donning his most flame-resistant woolen garb, just in case someone see
 this as a flame (it is not).
 >>--
 >Par Leijonhufvud  >>

Vivats! Par.  Well said. :-) Many of us have very dear modern friends who we
party with regularly and sometimes this translates into attempts to "white-
wash" events into modern tastes because we want our friends to be there with
us. But the basis of the SCA is historical/educational recreation and study of
the Middle Ages. To comprise the basis purposes of the SCA to make them more
"comfortable" and familiar for moderns seems to me to be in direct opposition
to the organizations intended purpose.

Personally, I have never prepared or eaten a carefully made authentic medieval
feast that was not absolutely deliscious. Period food IS wonderful folks,
really.

Ras