SC - *OP* fillers for me

Ceridwen ceridwen at commnections.com
Tue May 5 05:27:13 PDT 1998

On Tue, 5 May 1998 00:00:24 -0700, david friedman wrote:

>Oxford English Dictionary. It is the standard scholar's dictionary, and is
>available as:
>
>Enough large volumes to fill a substantial fraction of a bookshelf
>
>Two large volumes of tiny print plus a magnifying glass
>
>A CDROM

Though unfortunately, the CD-Rom version costs substantially more than the
two volume version.  I guess they don't want people pirating it...  From
memory, the CD-Rom version is over $1000, whereas the two volume version
was under $500.

Not that I can afford either at the moment :(

- -Korny
- --
William Bekwith MKA Kornelis Sietsma | http://zikzak.net/~korny