SC - Stoves and ovens

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed May 6 12:14:57 PDT 1998

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 6-May-98 Giving people
choices (was .. by kat at kagan.com
> I might not go as far as beanieweenies, but I would probably smuggle
in a mundan
> e deli sandwich and chips for my new friend, and allow
> him or her to graze at leisure from my period/perioid buffet luncheon
as well.
> If s/he gets grossed out by the stuffed dates, cold game birds and so
forth, her
> /his loss.  But I wouldn't let her/him starve, either...

Certainly--this is absolutely nothing wrong with this.  On the other
hand, when I'm running an event, I wouldn't serve deli sanwiches and
chips just so newcomers would be comfortable with the food--and that's
what the original statement seemed to me to advocate.

toodles, margaret