SC - List Non-Topic Item

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Wed May 6 14:52:47 PDT 1998

Christi Redeker wrote:

> Sorry Poppa and others.

Not a problem here (for me) Always looking to expand the craft.

> I am not on the brewing list and I have just a
> quick question about cordials.  About 4 years ago a lady in Caerthe,
> Mistress Mirianna (sp) taught me how to make cordials with the following
> recipe:
>
> 4 cups sugar
> 4 cups milk
> 4 cups vodka
> 4 cups fruit

Sounds yummy.

> I found that this was very good, but I had a hard time finding a container
> that the lid would not pop off of,

It may be going through a secondary ferment. Easiest way is to attach a ferment
lock to it and let the carbox dribble away. You didnt say what kind of
containers your using but all you do simply drill a hole at the top, insert
rubber grommet and then the lock. You can also do quick and dirty which is to
drill hole, put a ballon with a pinhole through the top through said hole and
attch using food grade silicone. either way works although I personally am more
comfortable with the former.

> does anyone have any suggestions on a
> container?

I use 2 litre crocks from lechters or industrial/deli pickle jars heavily
bleached/sterilized.

> Also, if I was to add some vanilla to this would it change the
> time you leave it sit?

It shouldnt. Also do sniff taste tests to determine when you have enough
bouquet/flavor. When it tastes right to YOU then remove.

Just my .02 pence

SCA - Padrhaig ne Killkenny
Mundanely - Chris Peters
http://www.cyburban.com/~chatelaine