SC - Seeking period recipes & sources...

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed May 6 22:17:41 PDT 1998

The only thing I know of anywhere close is the _Ain I Akbari_, which is
16th c. Mughal. The connection between Mughal and Mongol is a little
complicated, but does exist. The book contains ingredient lists for 30
dishes, with quantities but without instructions (some can be identified
from period Islamic cookbooks, or, less clearly, from modern Indian
recipes), along with instructions for a frying pan bread and for distilling
arrack.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/