SC - Garlic

Melanie Wilson MelanieWilson at compuserve.com
Wed May 6 23:19:36 PDT 1998

At 12:51 PM -0700 5/6/98, cassie wrote:

>Stuffed Eggs
>
>This recipe for stuffed Eggs comes from An Anonymous Andalusian Cookbook
>of the
>Thirteenth Century, which has only the english translation of the
>recipes;.  They taste very
>similar to a deviled egg. I entered this recipe for the Silver Spoon,
>Spring Investiture A.S.
>XXXII. The amount of herbs and spices I use make this recipe mild,
>increase these
>ingredients according to your own taste.
>
>Translation of Original Recipe:
>
>Take as many eggs as you like, and boil them whole in hot water; put them
>in cold water
>and split them in half with a thread. Take the yolks aside and pound
>cilantro and put in
>onion juice, pepper and coriander, and  beat all this together with Murri,
>oil and salt and
>knead the yolks with this  until it forms a dough. Then stuff the whites
>with this and fasten
>it together, insert a small stick into each egg, and sprinkle them with
>pepper, God Willing.
>
>Redaction:
>
>8 eggs
>1/4 tsp. cilantro
>2 tsp. onion juice
>1/8 tsp. pepper
>1/4 tsp. Murri and pinch of salt
>   or 1/4 tsp. salt
>2.5 Tbs. oil

I would take issue with your redaction on only one detail. The Andalusian
cookbook distinguishes between cilantro and coriander, apparently
representing the leaves and the ground seed of the coriander plant. This
recipes uses both. You only use one.

Comparing your worked out version to ours, I conclude that you are less
fond of cilantro than I am.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/