SC - Garlic in England

Yeldham, Caroline S csy20688 at GlaxoWellcome.co.uk
Thu May 7 03:38:21 PDT 1998

Ras writes:
>>This is the reason I do not cook feasts with special considerations for
allergies. People with true allergies have a firm handle on their
condition.
By providing menu and ingredients lists, they have a way to contruct
their own
list of exceptable feast food from those being offered. A few extras in a
basket to round it out and a wonderful time is had by all. :-)

Whether or not to accomodate people's allergies, is, of course, the
perogative of each cook.  However, keep in mind that some of us have
allergies to such frequently used items that when we read the ingredient
list, we find that we have paid for a feast we can't eat, and we are
limited to the rest of the stale crackers and cheese, or whatever we've
brought, in our baskets.  I really don't want to go to every event
providing only my own food.  Nor, as a point of personal pride, do I want
to hear people say "There wasn't anything I could eat!" when I cook.
That only happens if they don't let me know in advance.
It does make me sorry to think I'll never get to eat any of Lord Ras'
cooking, except perhaps desserts.

Regards,

Lady Allison
allilyn at juno.com
Master Chirurgeon, Orden des Linquistringes, Princess' Order of Courtesy