SC - So long, it's been swell.

LHG, JRG liontamr at ptd.net
Thu May 14 15:08:12 PDT 1998

Maybe this will help you.  It's from a web site with some information about
historic Turkish cuisine.

(quote)
Another work which enlightens the same period is the Dede Korkut Hikayeleri
(The Tales of Dede Korkut) compiled towards the end of the 14th century.
These twelve tales are a rich source of information about the customs of the
Oghuz Turks who lived in the southwestern Asia. Yahni (stew), kebabs (food
on skewers), togya corbasi (a soup made from wheat flour and yoghurt),
clotted cream, yoghurt, cheese, milk, ayran, koumiss, and wine were all
consumed in the Tales of Dede Korkut.
(end quote)

Should you wish to look the site over, the URL is:

http://palette.ecn.purdue.edu/~akcali/history.cuisine.html

Bear