SC - Alcohol intolerance

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Fri May 8 18:59:29 PDT 1998

In a message dated 5/8/98 12:33:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, macdj at onr.com
writes:

<< This is dangerous.I have been cooking SCA feasts for 8+ years. I believe
 in personal responsiblity. The person with the allergy is responsible for
 managing their allergy, not me.  >>

Not only is it dangerous to not post a complete ingredients list but it can be
positively life threatening. Watching a life flight helicopter carrying a
person near death from a remote site would definitely reinforce the necessity
to post a complete ingredients list.

Since cooking does not so much involve secret ingredients (e.g. all
ingredients in period recipes are listed in the original recipes) but rather
the chemistry of combining those ingredients., the posting of complete lists
of ingredients does not jeapordize your "secret". Amounts of those ingredients
possibly would but I find it incomprehensible how we are to teach others and
maintain secrecy of recipe ingredients.

Just a thought.

Ras