SC - Bread Book

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat May 9 00:05:31 PDT 1998

> Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 19:08:30 -0500
> From: allilyn at juno.com (LYN M PARKINSON)
> Subject: Re: SC - Allergy rant - was garlic in British Isles
>
> Master,
>
> >>and providing a completely plain roast beef as a backup meat,  <<
>
> Sometimes, it's the cook's perceptions:  i.e., did you mean "I took a
> piece of raw meat and cooked it"  or "I just seasoned it a little with
> salt and pepper"  ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Lady Allison

I was tempted to say I served it with the plainest Sauce Foyot
imaginable. Actually, I seasoned it with salt only. Obviously it is then
arguable as to whether the meat was "plain", but I suspect that there is
enough sodium in beef itself to make the presence of the amount of salt
I used, moot. What I meant by "completely plain" was that it was served
with no sauce other than its own juices (since I didn't know in advance
if I was combatting allergies, and if so, what they were, or religious
prohibitions), it was quite lean, and not assertively seasoned with
anything much. Except salt, which we've already discussed.

Oh, and Lord Ras cooked it, not me, to be strictly accurate ;  ). And
darned well, I might add.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com