SC - advice/help: shish kebabs period?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri May 8 22:59:00 PDT 1998

Bear has said:

>>English Bread and Yeast Cookery is one of the finest volumes on breadmaking
ever assembled.  The historical information is quite accurate.<<

>And Renata asked him in return:
>Could you post more info on this book? I have been looking for a historical
>bread book.

I believe this book is reviewed and mentioned numerous times in this file
in the FOOD section of my Florilegium files:

bread-msg        (123K)  3/19/98    Medieval breads and grains.

This other file might be of interest also:
breadmaking-msg   (60K)  1/28/98    Period bread recipes and re-creations.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

My files are available at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html