SC - Mead

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Sun May 10 12:14:46 PDT 1998

LYN M PARKINSON wrote:

> >>Then cool with wort chiller and place fruit in the fermenter with the
> must.<<
>
> This thread is great, I'm learning a lot.  What is 'wort chiller'?  I'm
> pretty sure you don't mean frozen cabbage!   ;-)
> Regards,

A wort chiller is a nifty little device availiable at most brewshops. After you
have boiled your wort you attch this device to your faucet. It is essentially a
series of copper coiles with an inlet and an outlet. You attach the inlet to
your faucet. The coils go into your wort with the outlet hanging outside of the
pot to your drain. You then turn on the cold water. It essentially cools down
the wort so that when you pitch it into your primary to pitch your yeast. Hope
this helps.

SCA - Padrhaig ne Killkenny
Mundanely - Chris Peters
http://www.cyburban.com/~chatelaine The Canton of Northpass