SC - Seeking period recipes & sources...

Michael Macchione ghesmiz at UDel.Edu
Mon May 11 06:45:10 PDT 1998

>                       RE>>SC - Allergy rant                        5/8/98
>
> <snip>I have one last question, just out of curiosity: what's the percentage
> of people who will personally comment on the allergies they actually have, as
> opposed to those of friends, or friends of <snip>

Usually I don't worry about my allergy at socity feast.  How often you
get wasabe (that green paste made from Japanese horseradish)?  But I do
check the ingredent list, just in case.  I don't like leaving a meal with
a mouth that thinks it has been at the dentist (all numb after tingling or
both at the sametime).

I have trouble eating eggs on their own or in omlete type things, but
that is more a food texture thing than an allergy as I have no other
problems with them.

I agree with every one who says a posted list of ingredients is a "good
thing", letting the people with food problems manage it themselves.  I
believe the cook who dosne't would have fewer people bothering her at the
kitchen door if she did post lists (and you don't have to give amounts,
just what is in each dish, so it would be hard for someone to recreat her
special dishes).

Isobel