SC - Broccoli & Fennel

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Mon May 11 08:30:35 PDT 1998

I would just like to point out that there is a third group, although I may
be a solitary representative on the list.

SCA catering appears (from your postings) to be strongly feast orientated -
the one-off special occastion.  I have to provide food day in and day out
for a group of people, usually for a weekend, sometimes for a week at a
time, I have done it for 3 weeks at a time.  I obviously have a repertoire
of dishes I do, with minor variations, on a regular basis.  However, I and
they would get very bored if I stuck to those dishes, so I experiment with
new and different recipes (from the sources).  I try to perfect a couple of
dishes a year.  As I don't get much opportunity to cook at home, I do this
in event, but it does have the advantage of not boring my family to pieces
whilst perfecting a dish (the groups change, so they don't get it that
often!).  For people who eat with me often, the process of development is
educate too, I hope.

Just trying to point out its not either/or!

Caroline