SC - Mead

Mike Lambert mlambert at frii.com
Mon May 11 10:51:18 PDT 1998

>Never tried fruit that has sat out a couple of hours (enough to
>ferment) as far as I know.
>Claricia Nyetgale

Do your bananas sit out in the open air?  Then you have eaten a paritally
fermented fruit.  At the health food store I work in, we have people all
the time asking for non-alcoholic tinctures.  One of the companies that
produces herb tinctures has a hand-out about this topic, and it is called
"Do bananas make you tipsy?"  The point is that in SMALL doses (such as a
dropper full of a tincture)  the amount of alcohol is less than that of
your average banana.
	Doesn't mean that alcohol intolerance is anything to mess with, I
know that sometimes even one 4 oz. drink is enough for a serious hangover
for me, and sometimes, I can have several small drinks (over a long
evening, interspersed with lots of water) and have no reation at all.  I
had to give up drinking wine for the most part, due I think to the
aldehydes (sp?) in it and the migraines they caused.

Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies