SC - SC sotelties - cockatrice

Erin Kenny Erin.Kenny at sofkin.ca
Wed May 13 03:30:18 PDT 1998

At the risk of impoting modernism......There is a show on the Food
Network that does just this sort of thing as a game show.  I believe
it is entitled, "Ready, Set, Cook...".  It's host is really annoying,
but the chefs are real good.  Emeril Legasse has yet to go on it,
though :o)

niccolo
(I know, I know...I don't get Food Network either!!)

- ---Christine A Seelye-King <mermayde at juno.com> wrote:

> My Lady,
> 	There was recently just such a contest held in the Middle
> Kingdom, and they called it a Seige Cookery Contest.  You had a
limited
> supply of goods left, and the other side was coming in to negotiate.
 It
> was your job to take the odd bits of your stores that was left and
make a
>  meal that would fool the others into thinking you had plenty, and
could
> wait them out.  I saved the entry list of foods, and the winner's
dishes,
> I believe, I will have to look them up.
> 	In professional food show circles, this is called a Box Test.
> Each entrant is given the same box of ingredients, given 1/2 hour to
draw
> up a menu, and 3 hours to cook.  Having entered the static display
kind
> of food show as well as this kind, I think it is a much better test
of a
> chef's abilities.  A static display that you have different amounts of
> time, resources, and personell to work on them gives widely varying
> results.
> 	They are also much more fun to compete in.
>
> Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies

SCA-Cooks".