SC - Re: sca-flavor substitutes

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Thu May 14 04:26:59 PDT 1998

Ras wrote:
>BTW, I find that the fish sauce available at Thai specialty shops is far
>closer to Roman fish sauce than Worcestershire (which unlike the Roman/Thai
>sauce actually has a citrus fruit base with fish merely one ingredient among
>many others).

Indeed - it's called Nam Pla and it really is very close.

On the lemon juice question, if you are not actually allergic to acetic
acid, you can buy this in crystalline form. It tastes like lemon, but even
sharper and has the anti-oxident properties without the vinegar flavour
problem. About 1 tsp in a pint of water should do it.

Rowan
Robyn Probert
Customer Service Manager		Phone +61 2 9239 4999
Services Development Manager		Fax   +61 2 9221 8671
Lawpoint Pty Limited			Sydney NSW  Australia