SC - Portable Ovens

popdan popdan at airnet.net
Thu May 14 18:41:42 PDT 1998

Why not do an above the salt with the more elaborate fruit fritters and
below the salts get funnel cakes? I have made them for parties at home, and
my lord worked in a funnel cake booth one northern California renn faire,
and we both concur that at 30-60 seconds per funnel cake, with 2 skillets
running and an assistant sugarer{?} they could be turned out with relative
speed for even 300 people. Northern Equipment sells a very nice cast iron 2
burner that hooks up to propane and can be set up on a table just outside
the kitchen door[if it isn't raining..] very reasonably[in the vicinity of
$40. Then all you need is a nice pair of 10" cast iron skillets, some
well-fry, a 1/2 gal pitcher, a skimmer, a draining grill, a large shaker for
the sugar, a cake pan to sugar in and a whole stack of paper plates. The
whole shebang, if you had to buy everything rather than dog-rob would be
somewhere in the vicinity of $75 plus the cost of the ingredients for the
batter.

margali