[none]

Knott Deanna Deanna.Knott at GSC.GTE.Com
Thu May 21 04:58:40 PDT 1998

Rowan said:

At 06:37 PM 14/05/98 -0500, Gunthar wrote:
>One of the main holdups on the 12th Night Feast was trying to provide apple
>frittours for 500. Althogh we planned on serving them just warmed they still
>took far too long.
>
>Thank Heavens I decided to cancel the sideboard with the cuskynoles.

Very sensible too! An essential part of being a good feast steward is the
ability to realise when something is not going to work and smoothly change
plan so the front of house (um, I mean those out in the feast hall) have no
idea that there was anything wrong...

Too many feasts have been spoiled by people determined to stick to Plan A at
all costs!

- -------
But the front of the house will know something went wrong if you publish a
menu as others (and I for one highly recommend) have said you should.

At an recent event, the stuffed mushrooms and a spinach dish never
made it to our table. Since I knew they were on the menu, I could flag
down a server and ask about them. The spinach was gone, but the head
server did find a bowl of it for my lady wife. The stuffed mushrooms were
not cooked because of lack of kitchen staff and kitchen space. So, I guess
publishing a menu does have it's drawbacks from the Headcook's point of
view.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

(I'm not naming the event as I already got critisized for mentioning this
in a review of the feast I posted to a local mail list, which actually
was quite good)