SC - A question

Alma Johnson chickengoddess at mindspring.com
Thu May 21 18:10:31 PDT 1998

In a message dated 5/20/98 4:25:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
memorman at oldcolo.com writes:

> The original title is La Gastronomie au Moyen Age by Odile Redon.  The
>  English translation that has just been released is The Medieval Kitchen,
>  Recipes from France and Italy.  ISBN 0-226-70684-2.
>
>  It is really a stunner.

Hello everyone,

It IS a wonderful book. The publisher (U of Chgo Press) did quite a bit of
advance publicity, which seemed to be pretty much dismissed. I don't really
understand why. Now people are getting excited about it, and rightfully so.

I'm running an introductory special on _The Medieval Kitchen_ through the end
of June at $21, plus $3 s/h if you want it sent USPS book rate (about 1 week
transit time) or $4 s/h if you want USPS Priority Mail (about 3 days transit
time), US orders only. It is hardcover, 336 pages. By Odile Redon, Francoise
Sabban and Silvano Serventi. Translation by Edward Schneider. Unlike Amazon, I
actually have these in stock, so they will ship out more quickly if that is a
concern for anyone.

Visa/MC accepted. Email to Acanthusbk at aol.com, telephone/fax (847)726-9811 or
snailmail to Acanthus Books, 830 W. Main #150, Lake Zurich, IL 60047.

Amanda
            Most Complete Selection of In-Print
US & UK Antique Cookbook Facsimiles and Transcriptions
  Complete Works of Elizabeth David & Jane Grigson
      Request A Catalog......Acanthusbk at aol.com