SC - Pickled things

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri May 22 00:12:45 PDT 1998

In a message dated 5/21/98 12:22:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com writes:

<< like the
 Jacob's cattle (an old variety, name comes from they're brown and white
 speckled). (Yeah, I got inspired by John Thorne's latest book; I MAY have
 enough for one batch of baked beans 8-).)

Jacob's Cattle beans are identical to  "horticultural beans" which is what
they are. When cooked they loose the speckles and are all white. They can be
used in any bean recipe that calls for Great Northerns or Navy Beans. They are
New World. Hope this helps.

Ras