SC - RE: Limiting the unexpected at Feasts

Sat May 23 07:48:08 PDT 1998

> Being new to this list and relatively inexperienced in all things
> computerese, could someone please enlighten me on what these sca-cooks
> digest things are.  Should I be getting one? What are they? Is it a
> separate function from this list?  Thanks
> =20
> a confused Rhiannon Cathaoir-mor

The Digest is simply a compilation of messages gathered together and sent out
as a package. All of the information you get as one message at a time is instead
sent out two or three times a day. This is good for people who don't want 120
email messages waiting for them or who aren't allowed a high volume of mail.

If you would like to recieve fewer emails you can subscribe to a digest but
the news you get could be several hours old.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact
me.

Yours,

Gunthar
Evil List Administrator