SC - whats an inn? was wanted: a marinade for spit roasting an autocrat

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Tue May 26 18:11:24 PDT 1998

Beatrix said...
>Thinking about it tho', I've got a completely different question to pose:
>How do all of you deal with dry sites and recipes containing alcohol?

I never thought about this issue before....hmmmm, interesting!

I believe that sites are usually dry because they don't have a license to
SELL liquor not that there is no alcohol allowed. Although this is not
always the case, it appears that way here in Ealdormere often. I'm sure that
the laws are different from state to state and province to province. I also
feel that a dry site is just an invitation to tail-gate parties in the
parking lot and I try to discourage this level of "dampness".

If the dry hall, church, (whatever) insists that NO alcohol is allowed on
the site I guess that would mean a pre-cook beforehand or substituting
something else for the alcohol that day at the site. But precooks would be
my choice as I am not fond of any substitutions as there are enuf of them
now due to time and extinction of certain foodstuffs.

Micaylah