SC - Pumpkins (was: Needing help with a class....)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu May 28 12:00:09 PDT 1998

Micaylah wrote:

> Erinn said...
> >State parks in Georgia are dry, I'm told, because of an archaic holdover of
> >church sponsored "Blue" laws.  Georgia is down here in the "Bible Belt."
>
> And a blue law is? (I find this fascinating)

Basically, they are laws designed to "enforce certain moral standards and
particularly to prohibit specified forms of entertainment or recreation on
Sundays." This is according to my dictionary (American Heritage, 3rd edition).
Apparently, the blue laws in Georgia have been expanded to cover every day
when applied to state parks.

Hope this helps,
Nostas'ia Stepanova Kievskaia
Barony of Ponte Alto, Atlantia