OT: SC - Haggis??

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu May 28 20:33:43 PDT 1998

In a message dated 5/28/98 12:12:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

<< Is this the mammal? Although it seems good I won't knowlingly eat mammilian
 dolphin or porpous. Sorry Ras, I'm too much of a liberal to eat animals
 I consider intelligent.

 > Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu >>

Agreed. However, the intellectual pursuit of such an idea does neither harm to
our cousins nor to the application of our particular ethics systems.

BTW, ever read the Donner saga? :-) The bottom line is no one can say what
they would or wouldn't eat in a survival situation. IMO, having the knowledge
of how to utilize whatever resources are at hand should such a crisis arise
far outweighs any moral or ethic considerations based on intellectual
processes. In such instances preservation of ones own life is the most
important thing.

Who knows maybe one day, I'll have to make a descision on whether to starve or
eat porpoise. 10 to 1 the porpoisde looses. In such a case, I really would
like to think I would prepare it in the most succulent possible for both our
sakes. :-)

Ras