SC - FW: I am in need of a little help.

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Fri May 29 07:28:59 PDT 1998

     Ras,  I have a recipe that uses juniper berries.  It's from "The Frugal
     Gourmet cooks with Wine."  There is a cabbage soup listed there.  Of
     course, it also includes a dab of tomato paste (which could be done away
     with).  All the rest of the ingredients: cabbage, onions, sausage, fresh
     pork, white wine, beef stock, juniper berries, salt, pepper and sugar,
     would have been available.  I've been told that juniper berries give gin
     it's resiny flavor (not that I know from personal experience, I'd rather
     drink anything else BUT gin!).

     Leah Anna of Sparrowhaven
     "Who will love a little sparrow?"