SC - RE: tomatoes, was Subing????

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Fri May 29 08:51:46 PDT 1998

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Micaylah wrote:
> Since when does sobriety equate integrity or upstanding citizenship? <grin>
> I honestly believe that we, as individuals, should be our own "liquour
> control board" and make those decision for ourselves. I am also an activist
> in appealing censorship laws as well (also know as the Frank Zappa
> Movement).  You know, if ya don't like it, change the channel, don't rent
> it, or buy it, or listen to it, etc. I'll bet I wouldn't be too popular with
> most of the denizens of "the bible belt", especially since I'm Catholic! <haha>
> Micaylah

Certainly personal responsibility is the ideal. Unfortunately, in the
bizarre insurance and lawsuit climate of the States, site owners look at
the statistics of alcohol vs. non-alcohol events and there is a
difference. You should try a traditional New Mexico Catholic wedding,
"Yeah, it was real nice. None of the furniture got broken and nobody was
knifed!" ;) but a real quote...

In the blue law vein, I was once in Texas and the grocery store would sell
you beer on Sunday, but not a broom-no working on the Sabbath!

Mirhaxa

  mirhaxa at swcp.com