SC - period food turns people away?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue May 5 10:12:53 PDT 1998

At 1:21 AM -0400 5/5/98, marilyn traber wrote:

>You should see the looks I get when I describe Salamallah's
>mustard soup or the cold cream of raspberry soup that he also makes-a cold
>fruit soup?

We had a thread on Salaamalah's mustard soup, the conclusion of which was
that it was from a modern secondary source, and only loosely related to the
original (Taillevent). Do you know of any period cold fruit soup recipes?

Or in other words, aren't you describing people's reaction to exotic
food--probably not period--rather than to period food, which need not be
exotic?

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/