SC - Mediveal Irish Cookbooks

Gedney, Jeff Gedney.J at phd.com
Fri May 8 07:22:21 PDT 1998

If it is white or disgusting, or from salt water the Irish eat it   >:0

Sorry.
Ahem.
I am afraid that, as an Irish persona, I find that much Irish food I
have found are things like "Steamed Willicks (periwinkles - very big
snails) in Carrageen moss (a seaweed)", eel pies, Blood sausage, and as
many ways to serve small bony white fish as possible.
I strongly dislike seafood, as a general rule.
I have a nice Irish cookbook, based on recipes from late Victorian
Ireland, that has some nice cakes and breads, but I have yet to find any
period sources. (I guess I stopped looking after I found the disgusting
stuff)

Perhaps it is time for me to do a little more looking.  If you find any
sources, send them to me, too. Please?

Brandu

On Thursday, May 07, 1998 10:58 PM, Monica Gaudio [SMTP:moni at labs.net]
wrote:
> Good day Gentles!
>
> I have a friend who is cooking a late period Irish feast. I was
wondering if
> there were any period irish cookbooks available.
>
> Any clues?
>
> Anything would be a help at this point.
> Thank you!
> Illadore de Bedegraine