SC - Allergies, the other side of the coin

Mary Denise Smith costumemag at earthlink.net
Fri May 8 01:10:37 PDT 1998

<She was called the Mad Chef... added stuff to the food on impulse. This
was considered an endearing quality there.>

Mostly by her household, which was also the Barony.

A  responsible cook will stick to the postings. There are a few folks in
my shire (in the Northern Outlands) who have quite specific dietary
requirements. I do not plan a menu, SCA or mundane, without running the
ingredients lists past them. I can put up any kind of feast, and have it
be just fine (occasionally wonderful!) working around KNOWN dietary
requirements.

One general rule I follow that has not been mentioned here regards menu
planning. My side dishes are planned so that vegetarians and vegans can
enjoy a full plate at any feast I run. This is a little tougher for
vegan dishes, but certainly not impossible.

I have much to learn from this list on period foods and their uses.

Thanks,
Lady Marged
Caer Galen
The Outlands