SC - advice/help: shish kebabs period?

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri May 8 13:53:53 PDT 1998

As far as the skewer itself is concerned,  I can definately say yes.  I
am looking at pictures of skewers, flesh forks, and spits, all utensils
used in period.  Bamboo skewers?  Well, did they live near bamboo?  I
know I have often found a green stick to skewer food on and put in the
fire.  (Toasted Weanies, anyone? ) All in all, it is a very primitive
method to cook with.  Sauces, marinades, and actual food items will, of
course, vary with the region, season, culture, etc.
	Ask your friend if you arrange for a spit to cook meat on, will
she volunteer to be the kitchen drudge operates the turnspit?  Really,
take her idea and run with it, you never know, she might be so please
that she will start to enjoy herself!
	Good Luck,
	Mistress Christianna