SC - Seeking period recipes & sources...

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Sun May 10 13:12:36 PDT 1998

I thought this sounded slightly familiar.  I served this, as given, in an
early feast.  It appears in Pleyn Delight, recipe #78.  My notes say it
was from the Menagier.  It does not contain rice or cheese; perhaps that
was an adaptation of the cook's, in place of he pastry.  Basically, it's
the Icelandic Chicken.

Regards,

Lady Allison
allilyn at juno.com
Master Chirurgeon, Orden des Linquistringes, Princess' Order of Courtesy