SC - Green peppers

Louis Stull lstull at earthlink.net
Mon May 11 00:04:34 PDT 1998

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Louis Stull said:
> >I have friends who are alergic to bell pepper (which probably isn't period anyway)
> >and eating out is a serious challenge. (Something about fahitas making one stop
> >breathing)
>
> >That is correct, green peppers are not period. <snip>Any who are interested can find
> the

> comments in this file in my Florilegium

Your or someones documentation is better than mine.  All my sources say "peppers" are
late and new world but that they spread like wild fire.

> >Before the discussions it had not occurred to me that bell peppers and jalopenos
> >were related.

All kinds of pepper that are not pepper corns (I.E. Black, White or Colored pepper) are
related.  However with allergies they are often distinct enough that it isn't an
issue.  My friend is alergic to anything that looks like a Bell Pepper (big, minature,
Green, Red, Orange, Yellow) but actually likes ortegas.