rue and its properties. Was: Re: SC - Re: sca-flavor substitutes

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon May 11 21:08:07 PDT 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie
re: rue and its properties...
does anyone out there know HOW it works? Until I know, I'm assuming that
any abortificant has the possibility of messing with hormonal balances, and
as someone who relies on chemically derived estrogen levels (ie birth
control pills) I am hesitant to ingest anything that might affect their
effectivness.
Same reason I avoid ginsing (looks like estrogen to some bodies).

It would be great if someone could tell me for sure that it doesnt work
that way, but I is no endocrinologist, and only know enough about
prostoglandins and other hormones to be dangerous...:)
- --AM